My inner foodie ALWAYS looks forward to restaurant week. And luckily for me, not only is there the general Orange County Restaurant Week (first week of March), Newport Beach is also having their own restaurant week.. for TWO WEEKS! We are at the end of week one, and I have already had the pleasure of visiting three participating restaurants.. and food was AMAZING at all three.
Red O Restaurant by Rick Bayless – LUNCH
- Starters: Mary’s Duck Taquitos, Fresh Corn & Goat Cheese Tamales
- Mains: Chicken Enchiladas Suiza, Pescado del Dia (Barramundi)
- Dessert: Flan de Caramelo
Provenance – DINNER
- Starters: Mini Smoked Trout Salad, Petite Crab Cake
- Mains: All Natural Pork Tenderloin, Pan Roasted All Natural Half Chicken, New Zealand Sole on the Plancha
- Desserts: Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee, Old Fashioned Carrot Cake, Apple Pie on the Beach
HOPDODDY Burger Bar – LUNCH
- Burgers: Primetime, Llano Poblano, Magic Shroom, Greek
- Fries: Kennebec Fries with Green Chili Queso, Parmesan Truffle Fries
- Shakes: Nutella & Chocolate Pretzel, Tres Leches, Caramel & Sea Salt, Stout Chocolate
Based on these meals, I would definitely recommend them to anyone who asks – either for a special occasion or just a catch-up lunch with friends.