Recipe: Shepherd’s Pie
1 lb ground beef
10 oz frozen mixed vegetables
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ketchup
salt and pepper
3 cups mashed potatoes (I used instant)
butter (for the dish)
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
2. Saute onions and garlic until translucent.
3. Add meat and brown. Discard any liquid from cooked meat (do not just pour down the drain).
4. Season with salt and pepper and ketchup.
5. Add vegetables and heat through.
6. Place in buttered baking dish.
7. Cover with mashed potatoes.
8. Bake in oven until top is brown (broil if necessary).
I served this with a side salad. Turned out pretty good for my first time. Next time, I don’t think we’ll be using the instant mashed potatoes though. They just didn’t turn out exactly right.